Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Challenge Day 16

We had a store meeting at 5AM a couple days ago. That is just WAY too early! But since I was up early I decided to use the rest of my morning hiking. My wife was working so I rode my motorcycle to the Mt. Pinos trailhead and hiked to the top. The summit of Mt. Pinos is the tallest point in Ventura County but it's still a pretty easy hike. It only took me 29 minutes to walk the two miles to the top so I decided to keep going and hiked down the other side to see what I could find. I found a lot of trees and rocks and some birds.

The sign at the top of Mt. Pinos


My camera is still in Visalia (I used my wife's for this trip) so I don't have my Yosemite photos to put up yet but hopefully I will this weekend.

I've got around 150 points in the HD Health Challenge so far. I've been keeping up with my Insanity workouts and eating a LOT better than I had been. Pretty much no fast food at the point, along with the no beer and no soda. I also cleaned up my bicycle this morning. I'm going to start riding it instead of my motorcycle despite the ridiculous Bakersfield heat. We'll save on gas too!

No comments:

Post a Comment